Public Records – The following types of records are recorded and made a public record in Fremont County:
1. Real Property records such as deeds, leases, mortgages and contracts.
2. Subdivision records such as plats, subdivision permits, and covenants.
3. Maps of Surveys which are not subdivisions.
4. Land Survey Corner Records
5. Mining Claims
6. Military Discharge Papers (DD214) (these records have limited access through 2001 and restricted access from 2002 forward).
All records may be researched by coming to the Fremont County courthouse. If you need a copy of a document (basic search) please click on this form Basic Basic Land Search Document, complete the form, submit to the clerk’s office and we will determine if we can provide you with the information or that it will be necessary to refer you to a title company.
Records only in Hard Bound Books (not digitized)
1884 to 1974: Must come to the Fremont County Clerk’s office at the Courthouse, 450 North 2nd St., Rm 220, Lander WY to do your research.
Digitized Documents available to you Online
WARNING!!!!! If you do not see something you believe to be recorded in our office, do NOT assume that it is not recorded. You will need to come to the County Clerk’s office, call (307) 332-2405, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Digitized Recorded Documents on EagleWeb site:
- Documents September 26, 1988 (#1104981) to December 30, 1994 (#1159881). If no image please come to the County Clerk’s office
- January 1995 (#1159882) to current
Digitized Documents on ArcaSearch:
- Plats through July 2009 (for newer plats go to www.fremontcountywy.org/mapserver)
- Index Books 1884 to 1974
- Microfilm (aka: Aperture) Cards January 1975 (#882069) to September 23, 1988 (#1104980)
- Commission Records March 28, 1884 to December 2014
- Voter Abstracts 1928 to 2014
You may print any documents from your home device at no charge. If there is not an image available, it will be necessary for you to come to the Fremont County Clerk’s office at the County Courthouse in Lander to obtain that information. Feel free to call our office at (307) 332-2405 for general searching assistance. However, the Fremont County Clerk’s office is unable to troubleshoot your computer/printer problems.
Requirements for Recording Documents
Must be an original document with original signatures. A copy cannot be recorded.
All documents must be acknowledged (notarized) in accordance with Wyoming Law.
A WYOMING STATEMENT OF CONSIDERATION disclosing the financial information of the transaction must accompany any transfer of land by deed. Please go to the State of Wyoming’s link http://taxappeals.state.wy.us/FinalDraft.pdfto download the “Wyoming Statement of Consideration” form and receive instructions on how to complete the form. It’s the buyer’s responsibility to fully complete the Statement which is a confidential document used by the County Assessor to determine market value of all property in the county.
- Documents must be clearly readable and reproducible.
Names must be printed or typed under all signatures except notaries and witnesses.
Document type should be in the document title.
By statute we are only a recording office and therefore can not provide forms, perform searches or provide legal advice on any documents you may wish to record or verify that they are “legal”. You may wish to consult a lawyer or a title company when preparing or researching information within land records.
Chapter 29 Lien Forms
Contact us by email with questions contact us at: email@example.com
Mailing Address: FREMONT COUNTY CLERK, 450 NORTH 2ND ST., ROOM 220, LANDER WY 82520