Maternal Child Health
Best Beginnings is a program which provides services appropriate for a pregnant woman and her family, including promotion of early, appropriate and consistent prenatal care.
- Pregnancy counseling and education
- Referrals to available community resources
- Educational materials relating to pregnancy
- Smoking cessation assistance
- Home visits for all new moms and babies in Fremont County
- Breastfeeding support
- Financial assistance for eligible women (Equality Care)
- Home visits, guidance, and support for families with premature infants
- “Happiest Baby on the Block” classes taught on how to soothe and calm a newborn baby
- Pregnancy testing
Children’s Special Health
Childrens Special Health is a program that helps families with children who have special health care needs.
Call for more information or go to: http://wdh.state.wy.us/familyhealth/csh/index.html
Fremont County Public Health would like to introduce our new Maternal Child Health Nurses… Christy Krause RN and Jenny Wanner RN. If you are pregnant or recently delivered a baby Christy and Jenny can educate you on labor/delivery, prenatal/postpartum, breast feeding and resource referral. They can meet you in your home or our office, serving all of Fremont County. Call 856-6979 or 332-1073 for more information. Welcome Christy and Jenny… we are excited to have you