Maternal Child Health
Best Beginnings is a program which provides services appropriate for a pregnant woman and her family, including promotion of early, appropriate and consistent prenatal care.
- Pregnancy counseling and education
- Referrals to available community resources
- Educational materials relating to pregnancy
- Smoking cessation assistance
- Home visits for all new moms and babies in Fremont County
- Breastfeeding support
- Financial assistance for eligible women (Equality Care)
- Home visits, guidance, and support for families with premature infants
- “Happiest Baby on the Block” classes taught on how to soothe and calm a newborn baby
- Pregnancy testing
Nurse Family Partnership
Nurse Family Partnership is a special program available to pregnant women expecting their first child.
- Registered nurses provide home visits on a regular basis throughout pregnancy and up until the child is two years old.
- Education on how to have a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby, parenting, and building a strong network of support
- Nurses can provide referrals for healthcare, childcare, job training, and other support services available in the community
Children’s Special Health
Childrens Special Health is a program that helps families with children who have special health care needs.
Call for more information or go to: http://wdh.state.wy.us/familyhealth/csh/index.html