Fremont County Sheriff’s Office
The Fremont County Sheriff’s Office and Detention Center was completed in 2001. It was financed through a 1¢ capital facilities tax approved by the voters of the Fremont County.
To the best of our ability and with consideration for the current fiscal constraints, it is the mission of the Fremont County Sheriff’s Office to:
- Provide effective and efficient law enforcement service to the citizens of Fremont County by preserving the peace and promoting a safe community.
- Incorporate services with a spirit of community involvement founded on trust, respect, professional ethics and teamwork.
- Develop a positive, proactive, productive work environment through continual communication, training and staff participation.
It shall be a priority of the Fremont County Sheriff’s Department to adhere to and comply with the guarantees afforded by the constitutions of the United States of America and the Great State of Wyoming.
The Fremont County Sheriff’s Department is a combined agency. We provide dispatch services to the following:
Special thanks to the following agencies that provide assistance for us so that we may provide the best service for our community.
- Fremont County Attorney’s Office – These people work around the clock and we thank them for their assistance.
- Fremont Counseling Service – On call workers 24/7 providing citizens with mental health and behavioral counseling services.
- Eastern Shoshone Department of Social Services and Northern Arapahoe Child Protection Services – Helping to provide safe homes for Native American children in need.
- Fremont County Alliance Against Domestic Violence and Sexual Assaults – These people are on call 24/7, providing shelter, counseling and support for those who have suffered such traumatic circumstances such as domestic violence and sexual assault.
- Department of Family Services – These folks are on call 24/7 to provide safe homes for children who have been neglected and or abused.
Also a quick thank you to those in the maintenance shop who keep our vehicles up and running as well as the Coroner’s office for taking care of the late night calls nobody likes.
Thanks to all, we couldn’t provide the service we do without your assistance.
Contact Us:Fremont County Sheriff’s Office 460 Railroad Ave Lander, WY 82520
Phone NumbersAdministration : Lander 307-332-5611 Riverton 307-856-7200 Jail: 307-332-1877 Toll free 800-967-2302 FAX: 307-332-1025 Tips: 1-800-442-8477