For Immediate Release
February 26, 2013
Transportation Office Public Relations Officer
ORE ROAD CLOSED
Lander, Wyo.– Fremont County Transportation Superintendent David Pendleton authorized the closure of Ore Road from the SweetwaterRiver to Gas Hills Road. High winds have created significant drifting and safety issues for crews working to keep the road passable.
Pendleton indicated the road will reopen if conditions allow. Please contact the Fremont County Transportation Department at (307)332-1039 should you have any questions regarding the closure.
Fremont County Transportation Department does not currently maintain a road condition reporting system for county maintained roads.
Bulletins concerning road closures or other vital traffic information will be posted on this site as required.
For other road condition information in the state or surrounding areas, please visit any of the sites linked below:
- For information on Wyoming state roads go to the WYDOT Road & Travel Information site (click here) , or telephone toll-free 1-888-WYO-ROAD (1-888-996-7623).
- For road conditions within Yellostone National Park, go to the National Park Service website (click here.)
- For Montana road & travel information, visit the MDOT Road & Travel Information site (click here.)
- For Utah road & travel information, visit the UDOT Road Conditions site (click here.)
- For road conditions in Idaho, visit the Idaho DOT 511 information site (click here.)