Fremont County Courthouse
450 North 2nd Street
Lander, WY  82520
Phone Directory

Do I need a building permit in the unincorporated areas of the county?

    A survey certificate is required for construction within the floodplain.  For all other construction, there is no permit required.

Does the county issue Certificates of Occupancy?


Can I build in a flood plain?

     Fremont County Floodplain Zoning Regulations apply in any area with a FEMA rate map.  No construction is allowed in the Floodway.

Can I get the county subdivision regulations online?

     Yes. here.

Is there a fee to apply for a subdivision?

     Yes. Fees are:  $200 Simple Subdivision and Regular Subdivision Application Fee; $250+ Regular Subdivision Preliminary Plat Fee (greater of $250 or $20 per lot not to exceed $2,000); $100 Simple Subdivision and Regular Subdivision Final Plat Fee;  $75 subdivision recording fee to be paid to County Clerk, if the subdivision is approved; $2.50 plat copy fee per page to be paid to County Clerk (this fee can be combined with the recording fee); and all postage fees incurred.

Can I get county wastewater regulations online?

     Yes here.

Is there a fee to apply for a septic system permit?

     Yes. Fees are:  $275 for Replacement Septic System;  $300 for New Standard Septic System; $325 for New Non-Conventional Septic System; $500 for New Commercial Septic System; $2,000 for As Built Septic System; and $50 Septic System Inspection Fee (for each inspection over two (2)).

Can I get rural addressing rules and regulations online?

Yes here.

What do I need to get physical address for my property?

     Provide one of the following;

          A geo-pin or parcel number from the Assessors Office.

          A lat/long GIS co-ordinate.

          The name of the subdivision and the lot number.

          Distance from a known intersection in miles or feet.

          Google Earth map with reference points and scale clearly marked.

          For Tribal allotments, an aerial map showing home site, survey of home site with reference points & copy of lease.

Is there a fee to apply for a physical address?

     Yes.  Fee is $20 for New Address Application.

My address numbers are missing or faded where can I get another set?

     Your local hardware store should carry them or you can purchase them from the Planning Department.

Fremont County Government | 450 North 2nd Street | Lander, WY  82520
website design by: Wyolution