Maternal Child Health
Best Beginnings is a program which provides services appropriate for a pregnant woman and her family, including promotion of early, appropriate and consistent prenatal care.
- Pregnancy counseling and education
- Referrals to available community resources
- Educational materials relating to pregnancy
- Smoking cessation assistance
- Home visits for all new moms and babies in Fremont County
- Breastfeeding support
- Financial assistance for eligible women (Equality Care)
- Home visits, guidance, and support for families with premature infants
- “Happiest Baby on the Block” classes taught on how to soothe and calm a newborn baby
- Pregnancy testing
Children’s Special Health
Childrens Special Health is a program that helps families with children who have special health care needs.
Call for more information.
Fremont County Public Health would like to introduce our new Maternal Child Health Nurse… Christy Kraus RN.. If you are pregnant or recently delivered a baby Christy can educate you on labor/delivery, prenatal/postpartum, breast feeding and resource referral. She can meet you in your home or our office, serving all of Fremont County. Call 856-6979 or 332-1073 for more information. Welcome Christy … We are excited to have you.