To: Fremont County Employees, Community stakeholders, clients/parents, Funding sources
From: Melinda K. Cox – Executive Director
Date: April 1, 2020
Re: COVID – 19 update
Juvenile Justice Services and the Treatment Courts of Fremont County have maintained ongoing services for our clients and the community. We were relocated out of our Riverton offices on March 16, 2020 to allow the ICC adequate operating space. At the time of this request we were not prepared of the ramification of not having office space but with direction and overall compliance and commitment from my staff we were able to make the adjustments quickly.
We are providing, what we are referring to as, “curbside counseling/case management and supervision”. The following is the list and schedule of weekly services offered;
- Intakes for Juvenile cited/arrested – these intakes are ongoing and staff are required to check with local law enforcement agencies to ensure timeliness of the process and recommendations to the County Attorney’s office.
- Treatment Court staffing and court sessions. These are all provided via Zoom. Staffing’s occur first and then all clients required to attend court access the Zoom conferencing;
- Juvenile Treatment Court (Lander) – Tuesdays from 3:30 pm – 5:00 pm. Judge McKee presides over the court sessions.
- Juvenile Treatment Court (Riverton) – Wednesdays from 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm. Judge McKee presides over the court sessions.
- Court Assisted Supervised Treatment – Thursdays from 9:00 am – 11:00 am (staffing) 11:30 am – 12:30 am (court). Judge Denhardt presides over the court sessions.
- All clients are required to attend the court session and we have had success with their continued compliance.
- Juvenile Justice Services facilitates Single Point of Entry Meetings every Thursday from 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm. Those in attendance include;
- Fremont County Attorney’s office – Micah Wyatt,
- The Department of Family Services – Sada Selvig and Dayna Latorre and Jeremiah Talamasy,
- Juvenile Justice Services of Fremont County – Melinda K. Cox, Sally Stoudt, Hattie Calvert, and Brittney Keele,
- Juvenile Treatment Court – Stacy Strasser
- Juvenile Justice Services continues to monitor juveniles attending the WYO 10 Day Reporting Center by providing academic assistance and technology support. We currently have 12 students completing course work.
- Juvenile Justice Services and Treatment Courts of Fremont County provide Moral Reconation Therapy via Zoom on Tuesdays, Fridays, and Wednesdays.
- Treatment Courts of Fremont County provide Intensive Outpatient Treatment as required by our accreditation all meetings are conducted utilizing Zoom.
- CAST – Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays
- JTC – Individually daily
- Treatment Courts of Fremont County continue to conduct Substance Abuse Evaluations in the Fremont County Detention Center. Since March 16, 2020 we have completed 10 evaluations and continue to receive referrals.
While this has been a difficult time for our community I am proud of my staff for their commitment to their career, our community and the health and safety for all those we are connected with. Our agency has been able to conduct day to day business due to the utilization of technology and positive connections with our clients and community members. We are following the direction of the Governor and “staying home” while only going out for the necessities. We believe by doing our part our community and program will return healthy, productive, and successful. We appreciate the support and are available for assistance from the Fremont County Board of County Commissioners as needed.
For information purposes I am including a list of all of our staff and their contact information.
Name email phone
Melinda K. Cox email@example.com 307-438-6123
Juvenile Probation Agents
Hattie Calvert firstname.lastname@example.org 307-438-6167
Brittney Keele email@example.com 307-850-7492
Sally Stoudt firstname.lastname@example.org 307-850-7493
Case Management Specialists
Becky Lancaster email@example.com 307-851-0010
Stacy Strasser firstname.lastname@example.org 307-438-6117
Nichole Patrick email@example.com 307-349-3141
Kaitlyn Slagowski kaitlyn.slagowski@ (TBD) 307-438-1363
Travis Slagowski firstname.lastname@example.org 307-349-6656
Brenda Spriggs email@example.com 307-332-1101
WYO 10 Day Reporting Center – Direct Services Provider
Jason Pagnoni firstname.lastname@example.org 307-850-7496
Continuum of Services for Adolescents
Juvenile Justice Services – process
- Intakes services from all county-wide law enforcement arrests and citations
- Diversion Programs – Pre-Court diversion, Municipal Court Lander and Riverton, Fremont County Attorney – Circuit Court Lander and Riverton Pre-court diversion supervision
- Circuit and Municipal Court ordered probation supervision
- Circuit and Municipal Court ordered pre-sentence reports Lander /Riverton
- Juvenile detention intake, screening/assessment, discharge planning, and transition at the Juvenile Detention Center
Juvenile Justice Programs
- Electronic Monitoring – Youth Services of Fremont County / Sheriff Dept.
- Work Alternatives Program (community service county-wide)
- Drug Screen testing with state lab, including weekend random screening Sat./Sun.
- Moral Reconation Therapy (MRT) cognitive behavioral groups – Youth Services of Fremont County
- “Voices” Gender specific Girls Group – 18 sessions, closed group
- Juvenile Detention Center educational program – Fremont Co. School Dist. No. 1, Youth Services of Fremont County
- Juvenile Detention Center assessment and mental health – Youth Services of Fremont County, Fremont Counseling Services
- Ninth Judicial District Fremont County Juvenile Treatment Court – Youth Services of Fremont County initial screening, referral for licensed substance abuse and mental health evaluation, and probation supervision along with DFS, Tribal DFS, Juvenile Drug Court Management Team and Staffing Team members